Location: Northridge, CA (Onsite)
3-6 Month Contract Assignment (potential to convert)
Pay: $45-48 / HR
Our client, a global leader in drug delivery & manufacturing is navigating a period of dynamic change and growth. They are seeking for a talented Cost Accountant to join their team.
Summary of Position
Analyze and communicate production variances and track absorption weekly; participate in month end by completing journals and reviewing PPV and production variances; perform monthly balance sheet account recs specifically inventory.
Job Responsibilities :
· Analyze and evaluate weekly manufacturing variances including PPV, labor/OH absorption, and inventory valuation and implement timely adjustments. Collaborate with the manufacturing operations to analyze variance and drive improvements.
· Assist in developing standard costs for materials, labor and overhead.
· Prepare month end journal entries manually & review for anomalies & inconsistencies.
· Prepare monthly inventory account reconciliations and identify why any unreconciled variances exist.
· Assist in developing an inventory reserve policy and perform monthly analysis.
· Develop plant expense guidelines to ensure correct classification of controlled expenses.
· Assist in budget and forecast preparation and ensure timely completion.
· Assist with annual financial audits as it relates to inventory and standard costs.
· Perform cost-benefit analyses as needed.
· Participate in the cycle count process with Supply Chain quarterly.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in accounting/finance or related field.
· 1-4 years relevant work experience in accounting, manufacturing and cost accounting experience is a plus.
· Experience using Microsoft Dynamics (D365)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including strong Excel skills.