Senior Accountant, US Controllership
Sr. Accountant, U.S. Controllership
Location: San Rafael, CA (Hybrid – Tu/Th on site)
9-month assignment (potential to extend or convert)
Pay Range: $50-54 / HR
Our client, a world leader biotech company who focuses on delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. This role is part of the US Controllership team will focus on the accounting for the Worldwide Research & Development and Technical Operations functions.
- Partner with WWRD Business Partners and within the finance organization to understand business activities and be the advisor in terms of accounting.
- Own accounting for clinical trials within WWRD
- Ensure income statement and balance sheet are compliant with US GAAP and company policies by preparing journal entries and account reconciliation in responsible areas.
- Perform fluctuation analysis and commentary to explain what’s going on in the business.
- Review contracts to determine US GAAP accounting and prepare contract summary.
- Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External Reporting team
- Support both internal and external audits, SOX control.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business degree
- CPA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in General Accounting or financial audit.
- Experience in monthly close activities or financial audit in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent in Excel and data analytics.
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format to be considered.